Adding KX Pilates Dee Why in your daily exercise will also boast your confidence because you are even more healthy. Pilates has come a long way in the last 50 years. It started by being a means of conditioning for a very small group of people (dancers primarily in New York), gradually progressed through the years and exploded as a exercise trend about 10 years ago. Now its glory is fading away while giving place to other new fads. When Pilates became popular everybody was talking about its benefits and how great it is but today almost every reputable source is trying to disclaim all its benefits simply by saying that there is no scientific research to prove anything that links Pilates with being an exercise that should be respected. While not all Pilates benefits are proved scientifically, still there are millions of people who tried it and proved by their own example that Pilates can do miracles and change lives. Here is what they say.
- It’s the best way to get a flat belly especially after pregnancy. Just 1 month of Pilates after delivery strengthens your core and improves muscle tone.
- Pilates improves posture. Pilates puts a lot of emphasis on proper alignment during exercise. It makes you more aware of your body and the right position of your body at all times. It also exercises muscles that are responsible for your posture – the muscles of your trunk. These three facts make Pilates different from all other exercise programs out there and make it more effective for creating a graceful posture.
- Pilates gives you a lean body like a professional dancer. Pilates is an endurance workout that is why it exercises red fiber muscles that tend to shrink in diameter in response to exercise.
- Pilates helps people who have back pain. This is especially true for those who suffer from pains that are due to a sedentary lifestyle, muscle tightness and weak muscle tone. A study published in Journal of Orthopedics and Sports Physical Therapy, July 2006, proved that Pilates is effective for people suffering from chronic lower back pain.
- Pilates helps to lose weight. Pilates itself won’t make you slim in the shortest period of time, but if you add Pilates workouts to your regular cardio routines and combine it with a well-balanced diet then you can expect some really amazing results.
- Pilates helps to cope with discomfort and even pains during your menstrual cycle. Practice it a few days before the period starts and even during menstruation (choose easier exercises), and you will feel the difference.
- Pilates makes you more flexible. A lot of Pilates exercises increase flexibility of your back, the area that causes the most problems for all of us, as well as your suppleness in general. Being flexible means having fewer injuries, less pains connected with tight muscles and performing better in any type of physical activity.
- Pilates energizes you after even the most exhausting day.
- It makes you feel light and relaxed, like you have just had a massage at a spa.
- Pilates helps you to sculpt your body and give it the shape you are dreaming about.
- If Pilates is performed with weights or a resistance band then it increases bone density.
- It purifies your mind while it exercises your body. Pilates is a mind and body technique that promotes health of your body as well as health of your mind and inner balance.
- Pilates helps with your sexual life because it gives you the body that you like as well as helps you to understand and feel your body better.
- If you practice Pilates with your partner then it’s a very sexy workout that can grow into another workout, in a different place.
- Pilates does not hurt your joints if performed properly. Please note that if you have any joint pains or injuries then you should talk to your doctor and make sure that you can try Pilates. Private class at a Pilates studio that specializes in rehabilitation might be the best option in this case.
- Pilates helps you to find your inner balance and get rid of anxiety. A recent study at Tel Aviv University found that a simple course of workouts with Pilates can increase balance as well as resolve anxiety problems.
- Pilates enhances neuromuscular coordination.
- Pilates can help to improve memory. Workouts that include exercises for coordination as well as sequences of a few exercises help to improve memory.
- Pilates mat exercises can be practiced anywhere.
- The study published in the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies proves that Pilates improves stability and balance in older adults. This is a very important fact because it can greatly improve the quality of life of older people.
- Pilates strengthens you core. All Pilates exercises use your midsection as the starting point for all movements that guarantees strong abs and a strong back.
- Pilates promotes body awareness that changes the way you sit, walk and look.
- Pilates teaches you body control. It does not isolate any muscles; instead it exercises your body as a whole which does not create any muscle imbalances that are common with other types of exercises. Pilates works the whole body in synergy, which is how we should be moving on a daily basis.
- Pilates improves blood circulation in your body that makes your skin more radiant and your body healthier.
- According to a recent study held at the Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, Pilates improves self-efficacy, sleep quality and mood.
Let me tell you more about balanced living on my blog Balance In Me where I write about life balance, health, happiness and many more subjects that will help you grow in life.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Anastasiya_G/295139
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2278265